Linux Package Build Process
Code Building on Xerexes (x86_64)
SPO600 Week 1 Code Building Deliverable
- Download newest file directory of gnuchess from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/chess/gnuchess-5.9.90.tar.gz
- Unpack into playground using
gzip -d, followed by
- Ran ./Configure which presented no issues. I think someone else has already installed this packaged before
make, followed by
- Had to specify a local directory for the install files to avoid the program attempting to install itself globally on the server.
- In the src folder, copying the
gnuchess.inifile to the specified folder (because it does not copy correctly?) is required to run the application.
- Enjoy terminal chess by running
- Cloned the git repo from github.com/vim/vim into my plaground directory
- Ran ./configure --prefix=/home/####/playground/vim_install for predefined install directory
- Ran make, followed by make install.
- Vim runs perfectly by running ./src/vim